The Creation by La Fura dels Baus at the Mostly Mozart Festival
La Fura dels Baus presents the U.S. premiere his latest production as part from this year’s Mostly Mozart Festival at Lincoln Center.
Avant-garde Catalan theater collective La Fura dels Baus brings its “freewheeling blend of audiovisual wizardry, acrobatics, and puppetry” (The Guardian) to Haydn’s famous oratorio. A relentless stream of imagery, text, and stage pageantry touching on everything from philosophy and physics to DNA research and refugees transforms the Enlightenment-era masterpiece into an immersive theatrical experience, accompanied by the period-instrument Insula Orchestra, vocal ensemble accentus, and a cast of intrepid soloists, led by visionary conductor Laurence Equilbey.
- Haydn: Die Schöpfung (The Creation).
- Sung in German with English supertitles. Duration: 1 hour and 45 minutes without intermission.
- accentus: Choir.
- Insula Orchestra.
- Laurence Equilbey: Conductor.
- La Fura dels Baus—Carlus Padrissa: Stage direction.
- Christina Landshamer: Gabriel and Eve.
- Thomas Tatzl: Raphael and Adam.
- Robin Tritschler: Uriell.