Robot by Blanca Li
A 90-minute upside down trip through a magical, topsy-turvy world in which everything becomes its other: the human dancers become robots, and the robots dance like humans.
Imagine a ballet where NAO robots and humans dance to Maywa Denki’s mechanical musical orchestra, whose instruments double as witty art installations. Brimming with good-natured humor and emotional insight, this startling international hit by Blanca Li —who has collaborated with the Paris Opera Ballet and the Metropolitan Opera and choreographed films for Pedro Almodovar, videos by Beyoncé and Daft Punk, and Jean-Paul Gaultier’s runway shows— is an upside-down trip through a magical, topsy-turvy world in which everything becomes its other. Human dancers become robots and robots dance like humans in a fantastical trip into the future.
a very powerful visual show filled with stage effects, playful choreography and pungent humor—El País
- Blanca Li: Direction /Choreography
- Tao Gutiérrez and Maywa Denki: Music
- Pierre Attrait: Scenic Design
- Jacques Chatelet: Lighting Design
- Charles Carcopino: Video Design
- Thomas Pachoud: Robot programming
- Dancers: Yacnoy Abreu Alfonso, Iris Florentiny, Geraldine Fournier, Yann Herve, Samir M’Kirech, Africa Manso Asensio, Gael Rougegrez, Yui Sugano
- Musical machines by Maywa Denki NAO robots by Aldebaran Robotics
- Tuesday, June 9 at 8 pm.
- Thursday, June 11 at 8 pm.
- Friday, June 12 at 8 pm.
- Saturday, June 13 at 2 pm and 8 pm.
- Sunday, June 14 at 1 pm and 5 pm.