Microtheater Miami Annual Theater Festival
Acclaimed actors and directors from the South Florida Theatre community will take part in this exciting project.
The First Annual Theater Festival will take place Thursday thru Sunday, from June 11 to June 28 at CCEMiami:
- Thursday, from 8 pm to 11 pm.
- Friday and Saturday, from 8 pm to 1 am.
- Sundays, from 7 pm to 10 pm.
Lost Girls Theatre presents
- Dinner at the End of the World by Andie Arthur.
- Starring Madeline Escarne as Death, Patrick Rodriquez as War, Kent Wilson as Pestilence and Vyvian Figueredo as Famine.
- The Apocalypse is nigh and the Four Horsemen are about ready to have their final meal together before the end at the only restaurant still open. A Denny’s in Moscow, Idaho. What happens when the harbingers of the End of Days get cold feet?
City Theatre presents
- Open: A Play on Expression by Joshua Jean-Baptiste.
- Directed by and starring Joshua Jean-Baptiste.
- Open: A play on expression is a one person show by Joshua Jean-Baptiste. This character driven performance explores how people from different walks of life share their artistic expression. From black to white, rich to poor, everyone has something to say. So why not see it in a play?
The Fort Lauderdale Fringe presents
- Reality Check by Marcela Paguaga.
- Directed by and starring Marcela Paguaga.
- You don’t know what the term “Biggest Fan” means until you meet Kat Perez. The 24-year old Kardashian Fanatic‘s dream is moments away from becoming Reality… or shall we say she’s moments away from getting a Reality Check.
Teatro de Bellas Artes presents
- Pareja de Tres
- Adapted by Raquel Zavala and directed by Miguel Sahid.
- Starring Alba Raquel Barros and Gualberto Gonzalez.
- Is there eternal love? Is marriage for life? Or is it a cultural obligation imposed by religion and society? What is the truth of coexistence? All these questions come about in the story of Antonia and Pius, surely everyone will find their own answers.
Trail Theater presents
- Lo Tuyo Es… Microteatro by Tony Benitez.
- Directed by Grettel Trujillo and Tony Benitez.
- Starring Grettel Trujillo.
- Caridad Martinez has to resolve a conflict she has with her father figure, before she becomes a widow for the fourth time. Will she do it?
Teatro 8 presents
- Plastico by Alejandro Vales.
- Directed by Alejandro Vales.
- Starring Victoria Murtagh and Jessica Alvarez Diguez.
- Plastico comes from the humor of social stigmas. The meaning and conceptualization of what is aesthetically pleasing and the superficial relationships and perversions that come from the least expected places.
- Amor Eterno by Julie de Grandy.
- Directed by Juan Roca
- Starring: David Ponce and Tamara Melian.
- A couple discovers the formula for everlasting love and seal their covenant while dancing a tango.
On June 11 Microtheater Miami will celebrate the opening of the first Annual Theater Festival and the third anniversary with a party at CCEMiami.