Flamenco Festival 2014 in Miami
The festival presents more that 100 artists in 33 theaters, 24 cities and 70 shows all over the United States.
Flamenco Festival presents the vibrant spectrum of flamenco, with the traditional Gypsy roots and contemporary interpretations represented by some of the world’s finest Spanish dancers and musicians of today. The tour continues through the U.S. with passion, drama and lighting footwork in a two-week celebration of flamenco.
- On February 27 and February 28 at 8 pm.
- One of the greatest flamenco masters, Antonio Canales, will be joined by Carlos Rodríguez, known for his bold mix of contemporary dance and traditional flamenco; the riveting Karime Amaya, who has earned praise following in the footsteps of her great-aunt, the legendary Carmen Amaya; and the young sensation hailed as the future of flamenco, Jesús Carmona.
- On March 1 and March 2 at 8 pm.
- Eva Yerbabuena has been enthralling audiences with her explosive footwork, graceful movement, and innovative choreography for more than 15 years. She is mostly appreciated for her duende, the soulfulness and emotional depth that is the hallmark of great flamenco dancers.
- On March 6 at 8 pm.
- Estrella Morente has dazzled audiences and critics alike with her compelling performances of flamenco and popular Spanish songs that brings a fresh approach to the Andalusian tradition. Her work has been showered with praise by critics and audiences worldwide since the release of her debut album in 2001; she has twice been nominated for a Latin Grammy. She was the voice of Penelope Cruz in Pedro Almódovar’s Oscar-nominated film Volver.
A singer of amazing power and rhythmic control… As everyone in Spain knows, when she sings, it can be difficult to take your eyes off her.(The New York Times).
- On March 8 at 8 pm.
- Multiple Latin Grammy winner considered the finest guitarist of his generation. Tomatito thrillingly blends traditional flamenco and jazz in his music.