This classic fairytale comes to life musically at Lyric Opera of Chicago in a playful storybook production.
- Directed by Laurent Pelly and conducted by Sir Andrew Davis and Francesco Milioto.
- Sung in French with projected English translations.
Lyric’s premiere of Massenet’s Cendrillon reveals a different take on the beloved fairytale, in a playful production that has captivated audiences internationally. This version of the classic fairytale is a blend of wit, sensitivity, and elegance. The love duets, the perfomances of the stepmother and the fairy godmather, and You are my Prince Charming are just a few of the higlights of Massenet’s masterpiece.
- On Saturday, December 1 at 7:30 pm.
- On Wednesday, December 5 at 2 pm.
- On Saturday, December 8 at 7:30 pm.
- On Friday, January 11 at 7 pm.
- On Thursday, January 17 at 7 pm.
- On Sunday, January 20 at 2 pm.