6th Annual Festival of New Spanish Cinema in Chicago
The 2014 Festival of New Spanish Cinema in Chicago presents some of the riskiest and most innovative Spanish films of the year.
North America’s leading showcase for the best in contemporary Spanish film returns with five premieres, featuring the latest, most exciting films and allowing you to discover and share your love of Spanish cinema.
The Festival of New Spanish Cinema is six years-old and remains as young and fresh as ever, with a bevy of new talents that, against considerable economic odds, still manages to produce sharply-observed engaging works that stretch across every cinematic genre. See your favorite actors in romantic comedies, edge-of-your-seat thrillers, thoughtful dramas as well as eye-catching documentary that flirts with fiction.
- People in Places: on Sunday, March 9 at 7:15 pm and Thursday, March 13 at 6 pm.
- Map: on Saturday, March 15 at 5:15 pm and Tuesday, March 18 at 6 pm.
- Operation E: on Sunday, March 16 at 7:15 pm and Thursday, March 20 at 7:45 pm.
- Unit 7: on Saturday, March 22 at 5:15 pm and Wednesday, March 26 at 6 pm.
- A Gun in Each Hand: on Thursday, March 27 at 8:15 pm.
- The Wishful Thinkers: on Saturday, March 29 at 9:15 pm and Thursday, April 3 at 8:30 pm.
Come and meet Juan Cavestany during his Q&A on March 13 after the 6 pm screening. He will be answering your questions about his intriguing and surrealist People in Places.