European Holiday Cookbook
With the European Holiday Cookbook, the Embassy of Spain joins its E.U. partners in bringing some European flavor to your table for this winter holiday season.
Almond Pudding Cake
Bring Spain into your kitchen for the holidays, with Embassy chef Carlos’ recommended dessert: almond pudding cake with raspberry moscatel infused coulis (sauce). This delicious treat is easy to make at home and perfect for sharing around the table.
- 4 ¼ cups milk.
- 17 ½ oz. almond paste (2 ½ 7 oz. containers).
- 1 lemon (zest).
- 2 cinnamon sticks.
- ½ cup sugar.
- Sliced, toasted almonds for garnish.
- Berries for garnish (optional).
- Let milk, lemon zest, and cinnamon simmer in a pot over low heat for 30 minutes.
- Add in sugar and almond paste and mix with a hand mixer.
- Pour batter into a cake pan and cook at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle powdered sugar over the top of the cake and garnish with toasted almonds and berries (berries optional)
Raspberry Moscatel-infused coulis (sauce):
- 7 oz. fresh raspberries, 3 shots of Moscatel (sweet wine) and 6 tablespoons sugar.
- Mix all of the ingredients above in a saucepan and cook over low heat for 10 minutes.
- Serve a slice of the cake with a spoonful of the raspberry coulis and enjoy!
Enjoy a slice of this cake with a nice glass of Moscatel wine and surrounded by people who make you laugh.—Chef Carlos Hortas