Picasso by Cornelia Cody
This new production explores the mysteries behind the life and work of the creative genius through the eyes of an inquisitive child.
The new play Picasso presents the art and life of the Spanish creative genius through his memories of family and friends, and his love for the circus and performances.
Using music, dance, and puppets, this bilingual production commissioned by GALA Theatre and written and directed by Cornelia Cody explores the artist’s life and inspirations, while focusing on Pablo Picasso’s feelings and thoughts concerning children and childhood. “I could paint like Leonardo da Vinci by the time I was 13,” said Picasso. “But it has taken me a lifetime to paint like a child.”
- On Thursday, March 14 at 10:30 am.
- On Saturday, March 16 at 3 pm.
- On Monday, March 18 at 10:30 am.
- On Tuesday, March 19 at 10:30 am.
- On Wednesday, March 20 at 10:30 am.
- On Thursday, March 21 at 10:30 am.
- On Friday, March 22 at 10:30 am.
- On Saturday, March 23 at 3 pm.