Mujeres de Cine: Traveling Spanish Film Showcase Made by Women
Mujeres de Cine: Traveling Spanish Film Showcase Made by Women is an initiative created in 2010 with the purpose of boosting and spreading Spanish films and short films made by women.
- On Tuesday, September 20 at 6:45 pm at the Former Residence of the Ambassadors of Spain.
- Directed by Pilar Monsell, Spain, 2014, 66 minutes. In Spanish with English subtitles.
Going in depth into her father’s photo archive and diaries about his experience during the military service at the Sahara Spanish colony in 1964, Pilar spots the lost paradise where he would always try to come back.
- On Thursday, September 22 at 7:30 pm at Spectrum Theatre.
- Directed by Liliana Torres, Spain, 2013, 82 minutes. In Spanish with English subtitles.
A month away with family can bring out a lot in people. This is what Lilly experiences when she comes back home after years out of the country. Her mother, a person of exceptional eccentric simplicity, forces Lili to visit her relatives on a family tour of the abandoned landscape of her childhood. An experience that forces her to confront her own boundaries and frustrations.
Rastros de Sándalo (Traces of Sandalwood)
- On Sunday, September 25 at 3:00 pm at National Museum of Women in the Arts.
- Directed by Maria Ripoll, Spain, 2014, 95 minutes. In Spanish with English subtitles.
- Actress and director Aina Clotet will be present to discuss the film and her experience working as a woman in the film industry.
Mina, a successful Hindi actress can’t forget her baby sister Sita from whom she was separated after her mother’s death. Thirty years later she finds out that Sita is alive and well, living in Barcelona, she is a biologist and has no memory of her past, now her name is Paula. Paula will now set sail on a journey of discovering her true identity with the help of Prakash (NabyDakhli), an attractive Hindi immigrant that sells Bollywood movies at the Rayal neighborhood in Barcelona.
- On Tuesday, September 27 at 6:45 pm at the Former Residence of the Ambassadors of Spain.
- Directed by Belén Macías, Spain, 2014, 98 minutes. In Spanish with English subtitles.
Sara –a biological mother– and Virginia –a foster mother– share a 9-year old daughter, Claire. During the summer holidays, Sara and Claire travel to Marseille in search of the biological father, whom Sara has not seen since she became pregnant.