Kids World Cinema 2013
Join us for a Kids World Cinema event, featuring short children’s films from Spain and Korea.
This showcase of international children’s films, now in its fifth year, allows Washingtonians to compare cross-cultural differences in the genre and to inspire D.C. youngsters through the discovery of quality foreign films. The festival targets three to ten-year-olds and will showcase a selection of the most significant international productions for young audiences.
Kids World Cinema 2013: Korea and Spain
Pocoyo and The Space Circus
- By Zinkia Entertainment, 2012, 24 minutes, Spain.
- Set in the world of the famous Spanish animated series, Pocoyo is an inquisitive and fun-loving young boy, along with his animal friends Elly (the elephant), Pato (the duck), Loula (his pet dog) and Sleepy Bird. In Pocoyo and The Space Circus, the funny world of Pocoyo is interrupted by the sudden arrival of some friendly aliens. Pocoyo will soon discover that these new friends, the Martian brothers, are circus performers.
My Little Moon (내 작은 동생)
- Directed by Kim So-young, 2013, 6 minutes, Korea.
- While waiting for the birth of her baby brother, a young girl takes a trip to the moon in a dream.
- Directed by Kim Ji-hye, Nam Bo-ra, Lee Dae-han, 2012, 5 minutes, Korea.
- Two chickens face off in cage match like no other!
Gae Sigi Story (개식이 이야기)
- KIM Na-rae, KIM Min-ji, KIM Ye-jin, CHOE Ji-yeo, JANG Ji-yeon, 2012, 5 minutes, Korea.
- Sigi tries hard to be the best deliveryman he can, but when one package gets damaged, he has to make a tough decision.
Today’s Recipe (오늘의 요리)
- 2012, 6 minutes, Korea.
- Cats love fish. When a feline chef gets tired of making the same order, he travels the world in search of cat cuisine.
Significant international children’s films are presented at embassies and special venues throughout the city (May 3-19). View full program. Creative crafts for children and adults after the screenings.