Cine-Club: 'Cosas que nunca te dije' and 'El hueco de Tristán Boj'
SPAIN arts & culture’s last screening of 2013 presents Isabel Coixet’s ‘Things I Never Told You’ and a pre-screening of the short film ‘Tristan Boj’s Hollow’ with director Paula Ortiz in attendance.
Tristan Boj’s Hollow – Director in attendance
- A child wants one of those planes that can fly to the top of the Himalayas. A puppet wishes to go away with a dancer, together, far away. The train is about to leave… Only the puppet master knows that, sometimes, you must learn to live without things that you love.
- Directed by: Paula Ortiz. Script: Paula Ortiz, José Villalobos. Producers: Kike Mora, Raúl García. Photography: Fran Fernández Pardo. Postproduction: Fran Calero. Paintings: Jesús Bosqued. Art Direction: Laura Rodríguez, Ángela Rodríguez. Camera Operator: Javier García Arredondo. Music: Patricia Ladera. Sound Designer: Roberto Fernández. Cast: Álex Angulo, Jorge Rodríguez, Títeres de Elena Millán, Goretti Mora.
- Paula Ortiz will be presenting her short film El hueco de Tristan Boj (Tristan Boj’s Hollow, 2008), and inviting our Cine-Club fans to join us for the screening of her feature film debut De tu ventana a la mía (Chrysalis, 2011) on December 13 at GALA Hispanic Theatre as part of the festival Reel Women.
Things I Never Told You (Cosas que nunca te dije)
- Ann and Don are among the alienated townsfolk of a small village in Oregon. Ann’s world comes apart when her partner, a foreign correspondent, calls from Europe to break up with her over the telephone. Ann starts obsessing about her boyfriend’s deserting her and finds that confessing to him her deepest thoughts and feelings through videotapes is a good way of putting herself back together. Don, in turn, would rather be a listener of strangers’ problems through a ‘Help Line’. Chance makes their paths cross twice in a short period of time, which leads to an intimate encounter between them. However, the different personal crises they are undergoing mean that their meeting has a very different effect on each one’s life.
- Spain-USA, 1996, 93 minutes, drama. Directed and written by: Isabel Coixet.Cast: Alexis Arquette, Leslie Mann, Andrew McCarthy, Lili Taylor. Producer: Luis Miñarro, Cinematographer: Teresa Medina, Art Director: Marc Rosenblatt. Editor: Kathryn Himoff.
In Spanish with English subtitles. RSVP required: Get your free tickets. Doors open at 6:30 pm; presentation and pre-screening of Tristan Boj's Hollow at 6:45 pm; screening of Things I Never Told You at 7:30 pm.