Celebrate 450! Street and Music Festival
A free, five-day celebration of the 450th anniversary of the founding of St. Augustine by Spanish explorer Menéndez de Avilés.
2015 marks the 450th anniversary of the founding of St. Augustine, the oldest continuously inhabited European settlement in the continental United States, established by Spanish explorer Pedro Menéndez de Avilés.
Celebrate 450! is a free, five-day celebration of the 450th anniversary of the founding of St. Augustine produced by the City of St. Augustine and the culminating event of St. Augustine’s 450th Commemoration, a series of programs, festivals and exhibitions which, over the past four years has shared with the nation and the world the important role St. Augustine played in the making of America since its founding on September 8, 1565.
As part of the 450th anniversary celebrations, SPAIN arts & culture will also present the new Spanish edition of J. Michael Francis’ St. Augustine: America’s First City in several cities across the U.S.
Celebrate 450! Street and Music Festival events on September 4-6:
- Bayfront Main Stage: The Bailey Group, NTE Energy, St. Augustine Alligator Farm, All American Air, Flagler College, Jacksonville Jaguars and the St. Johns County Sheriff’s Office Four Star Association.
- Plaza Stage: Florida Power & Light Company
- Hypolita Street Stage: VyStar Credit Union
- Colonial Quarter Stage: The Colonial Quarter
- Aviles Street Festival: St. Augustine Distillery
- Fireworks Over The Matanzas 450!: Meehan’s Irish Pub