13th Puerto Rico European Film Festival
“The European Film Festival of Puerto Rico” presents its 13th edition with some of the best European films, including the screening of two award-winning Spanish films.
Running November 3–9, 2022, the 13th edition of the Puerto Rico European Film Festival goes back to the big screen with a variety of European feature films as well as a short-film competition, Cortadito 2022. Two Spanish films will be presented at the Festival: Verano 1993 and Alcarrás, both by Spanish director Carla Simón.
- On Thursday, November 3 at 4:15 pm.
- On Sunday, November 6 at 4 pm.
- Directed by Carla Simón, 2017, Spain / Italy, 96 minutes. Watch trailer.
After her mother’s death, six-year-old Frida is sent to her uncle’s family to live with them in the countryside. Although she is welcomed with open hands, Frida is having a hard time adjusting to her new life and begins to become jealous of her cousin, Ana. She becomes increasingly disruptive and dysfunctional, interfering with family dynamics.
- On Sunday, November 6 at 6:45 pm.
- On Tuesday, November 8 at 9:30 pm.
- Directed by Carla Simón, 2022, Spain / Italy, 120 minutes. Watch trailer.
The life of a peach-growing family in a small town in Catalonia changes when the owner of their large estate dies and his heir for life decides to sell the land, suddenly threatening their livelihood.