Flamenco Festival 2014 in San Francisco
The festival presents more that 100 artists in 33 theaters, 24 cities and 70 shows all over the United States.
Flamenco Festival presents the vibrant spectrum of flamenco, with the traditional Gypsy roots and contemporary interpretations represented by some of the world’s finest Spanish dancers and musicians of today. The tour continues through the U.S. with passion, drama and lighting footwork in a two-week celebration of flamenco.
- On March 12 at 7 pm at Palace of Fine Arts Theatre, 3301 Lyon St. Buy tickets.
- Multiple Latin Grammy winner considered the finest guitarist of his generation. Tomatito thrillingly blends traditional flamenco and jazz in his music.
- On March 12 at 8 pm at Zellerbach Hall, Berkeley University, Berkeley, CA 94720. Buy tickets.
- Eva Yerbabuena has been enthralling audiences with her explosive footwork, graceful movement, and innovative choreography for more than 15 years. She is mostly appreciated for her duende, the soulfulness and emotional depth that is the hallmark of great flamenco dancers.
- On March 14 at 8 pm at Zellerbach Hall, Berkeley University, Berkeley, CA 94720. Buy tickets.
- Estrella Morente has dazzled audiences and critics alike with her compelling performances of flamenco and popular Spanish songs that brings a fresh approach to the Andalusian tradition. Her work has been showered with praise by critics and audiences worldwide since the release of her debut album in 2001; she has twice been nominated for a Latin Grammy. She was the voice of Penelope Cruz in Pedro Almódovar’s Oscar-nominated film Volver.
A singer of amazing power and rhythmic control… As everyone in Spain knows, when she sings, it can be difficult to take your eyes off her.(The New York Times).