VII Kerouac Festival New York
The 7th edition of the “Kerouac Festival” returns with three days of multilingual poetry that mixes the word with music and performances and takes the poetic language from the page to the stage.
Poetry mixes with music in this meeting of poetic voices from both sides of the Atlantic. A cultural synergy as a communicating vessel between cities and countries that takes musicians and poets from one continent to another, with artistic collaborations that enrich the poetic language and its expansion towards the stage, either as a play, classical reading or pop and hip-hop music show.
Multilingual Open Mic
- On Wednesday, May 10 at 6:30 pm.
- At Bowery Poetry Club, 308 Bowery, New York, NY 10012.
- Featuring Samir Delgado (poetry reading with art visuals). Hosted by Marcos de la Fuente.
Poetry readings and live music (Part 1)
- On Thursday, May 11 at 6:30 pm.
- At Cervantes Institute, Patio, 211-215 E 49th St, New York, NY 10017.
- With Lila Zemborain (poetry reading), Rocio Cerón (micro speakers poetry performance), Marina Perezagua (poetry reading) and Le Voyeur (live music).
Poetry readings and live music (Part 2)
- On Friday, May 12 at 6:30 pm.
- At King Juan Carlos I Center NYU, 53 Washington Square S, New York, NY 10012.
- With Marina Oroza (poetry reading), Sasha Stiles (AI poetry reading), David Nazario (stand-up poetry), María Medín Doce (Galician language poetry reading), Patricio Ferrari (bilingual poetry reading). Featuring also Le Voyeur (live music) and DJ Lemar (DJ session).
Poetry readings, visuals, and live music (Part 3)
- On Saturday, May 13 at 6:30 pm.
- At Gene Frankel Theater, 24 Bond St, New York, NY 10012.
- With Anne Waldman (poetry reading), No Land & Bentley Anderson & Daniel Carter (poetry performance with music), Rocio Cerón (poetry sound performance with visuals), Marina Oroza (poetry reading to celebrate 100 years of Galician poet Carlos Oroza)