The Dark Stone
Written by celebrated contemporary Spanish playwright Alberto Conejero, “La Piedra Oscura” premieres at Repertorio Español in New York.
The Dark Stone (La Piedra Oscura)
- On Friday, September 23 at 8 pm.
- On Saturday, September 24 at 8 pm.
- On Sunday, September 25 at 3 pm.
- On Friday, September 30 at 8 pm.
- On Saturday, October 1 at 8 pm.
- On Sunday, October 2 at 3 pm.
Written by Alberto Conejero and directed by Ignacio García-Bustelo, La Piedra Oscura is a story of difference and reconciliation set against the turmoil of Spain’s Civil War. It received prestigious accolades, including the 2015 Premio Ceres for Best Author, and the top five categories of the 2016 Premio Max Awards, including Best Playwright, Best Director, and Best Production. It was also a finalist for the Valle-Inclán Award.
The piece has been produced internationally in many different countries, including Russia, the United Kingdom, Chile, Mexico, Uruguay , Argentina and many others.