Spain Fresh Fest #1
The program includes the performance of the Spanish band Svper and a DJ set by Sau Poler among others.
Spain Fresh Fest is a multidisciplinary program of events to take place at NYU’s King Juan Carlos Center (KJCC) and other TBA venues in New York City.
The program introduces Spanish artists that meet “Fresh Culture” principles:
- Young and vibrant.
- They have received awards and have been exhibited (in Spain or Europe).
- Glocal scope (global and local).
This program represents Spain Fresh’s introduction to the American public. Its first edition will focus on concepts such as pastiche, remake, remembrance or amnesia.
Spain-Brooklyn Music Series
Two music events with bands from Spain and Brooklyn:
- On March 28th, from 8 pm to 10:30 pm at KJCC: Svper (Barcelona) and Sau Poler (Barcelona-NYC). Limited entrance.
On May 30th, from 7 pm (doors open) to 1 am at KJCC: Mwëslee (Vigo) at 8pm, BFlecha (Vigo) at 9 pm, Kim Ann Foxman (NYC) at 10 pm, and Alex Pasternak (California) at 11 pm. Free and open to the public until full capacity is reached; first come, first serve.
New Spanish Photography: Visions beyond Borders
A collective photo exhibition introducing 10 Spanish artists. Additionally there will be a small show of 5 selected artists though an open call co-organized by Doze Magazine.
- From May 2 until May 30 at KJCC.
- Opening reception on May 6th, from 7 pm to 9 pm.
Spanish Fresh Films
A film series introducing new works from three Spanish filmmakers:
- All the Things That Are Not There. Directed by Solar Abboud, Spain, 2013, 40 minutes. On Wednesday, May 14 at 7 pm.
- Costa da Morte. Directed by Lios Patiño, Spain, 2013, 83 minutes. Experimental documentary. On Thursday, May 15 at 7 pm.
- O Quinto Evanxeo de Gaspar Hauser. Directed by Alberto Gracia, Spain, 2013, 61 minutes. In Galician with English subtitles. On Friday, May 16 at 7 pm.