Galician Cinema & Food Festival 2016
The greatest promotional event of Galicia this year in the United States presents the best films, gastronomy and Galician destinations all together for the first time in New York City.
In 2015, the Galician Cinema and Food Festival exhibited in New York City the best cinema and cuisine from Galicia, showing the best films from Mestre Mateo Cinema Awards and the most exquisite food products of this Northwestern Spanish region.
This year’s edition comes with more movies and more products, consolidating the Galician Cinema and Food Festival as a pioneer project to showcase the Galician film industry and its gastronomy.
The Festival aims at showing Galician talent in these two sectors and more, adding this year exciting new brand new sections such as: education, astronomy, or a filmmakers meeting, and all these with the objective of connecting our common Atlantic roots and spend a delightful week full of good cinema and awesome food.
Monday, June 20 #Trevinca-A Veiga Day
- At 7 pm: screening of Death of a Fisherman + short film Looking for Bill Viola from 7 pm to 9 pm. Followed by a Q&A with teachers and alumni of IES Celanova from Galicia.
- At 8:30 pm: Astrophotography exhibition –Trevinca-A Veiga: Starlight Destiny– by Oscar Blanco.
Tuesday, June 21 #EstrellaGaliciaDay
- At 7 pm: screening of Dirty Wolves.
- At 8:30 pm: first filmmakers meeting with Ana Asensio, Alex Lora, Martín Rosete and Jorge Coira, led by Adán Aliaga and Natalia Dasilva.
Wednesday, June 22 #AceitesAbrilDay
- At 7 pm: Screening of The High Pressures + short film The Red Car by Guetto Film School. Folllowed by a Q&A with teachers and alumni.
- At 7:30 pm: Showcooking with Álvaro Villasante (limited 25 people / press only.)