'Circles of Interest'
Pablo Heras-Casado leads Orchestra of St. Luke’s in a program of Pierre Boulez and George Benjamin respectively.
As part of the NY Phil Biennal, Pablo Heras-Casado leads OSL in a program that centers on the unique, complex, and controversial works of Pierre Boulez, one of the most important and influential composers of the 20th century and the English composer and scholar George Benjamin, whose works will be set alongside those by three colleagues and compatriots: Colin Matthews, Ryan Wigglesworth, and Helen Grime.
- Pablo Heras-Casado, Conductor
- Orchestra Of St. Luke’s
- Pierre Boulez, Mémoriale
- Elizabeth Mann, Flute
- Bruno Mantovani, Turbulences (U.S. Premiere)
- Heinz Holliger, Ostinato Funèbre (U.S. Premiere)
- Philippe Manoury, Strange Ritual (U.S. Premiere)
- Pierre Boulez, Une Page d’Ephéméride
- Margaret Kampmeier, Piano
- Marc-André Dalbavie, Concertino (U.S. Premiere)
- Ryan Wigglesworth, A First Book Of Inventions (U.S. Premiere)
- Colin Matthews, Suns Dance
- George Benjamin, Octet (New York Premiere)
- Helen Grime, Luna (U.S. Premiere)
- George Benjamin, Upon Silence (New York Premiere)
- Abigail Fischer, Mezzo-Soprano
- Colin Matthews, Night Rides (U.S. Premiere)