NFMLA Film Festival InFocus: Latinx & Hispanic Cinema
Two Spanish shorts are featured in this year’s Latinx & Hispanic Cinema series presented by NewFilmmakers Los Angeles (NFMLA) and The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.
The 2018 edition of the NewFilmmakers Los Angeles series focusing on Latinx and Hispanic cinema presents a powerful lineup of local and international films by world-class emerging filmmakers from Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Spain, Colombia, Chile, Costa Rica, Guatemala, Argentina and the United States across three short film programs.
The night will include a pre-reception before each of the evening’s programs, where attendees can sip cocktails and mingle with industry professionals and festival filmmakers in the lounge.
- On Saturday, September 8 at 6:15 pm.
- Directed by Rubin Stein, Spain, 2018, 15 minutes.
- Included in Shorts Program #2 – InFocus: Latinx & Hispanic Shorts 2
A war. A child. A dream. Bailaora is the last short film from the trilogy Light&Darkness, which has been praised by the critics as “an unique, surprising and hypnotic genre mix, like a dream you can’t forget…”
The Contract (El Alquiler)
- On Saturday, September 8 at 8:30 pm.
- Directed by Pablo Gómez Castro, Spain, 2018, 16 minutes.
- Included in Shorts Program #3 – InFocus: Latinx & Hispanic Shorts 3
As they fight to find a surrogate mother in Russia, a Spanish gay couple realize there is a deep wound in their relationship.