6th Annual Festival of New Spanish Cinema in Houston
The 2014 Festival of New Spanish Cinema in Houston presents some of the riskiest and most innovative Spanish films of the year.
North America’s leading showcase for the best in contemporary Spanish film returns with five premieres, featuring the latest, most exciting films and allowing you to discover and share your love of Spanish cinema.
The Festival of New Spanish Cinema is six years-old and remains as young and fresh as ever, with a bevy of new talents that, against considerable economic odds, still manages to produce sharply-observed engaging works that stretch across every cinematic genre. See your favorite actors in romantic comedies, edge-of-your-seat thrillers, thoughtful dramas as well as eye-catching documentary that flirts with fiction.
- On Friday, January 17 at 8 pm: Operation E
- On Saturday, January 18 at 7 pm: A Gun in Each Hand. Reception before the screening at 6 pm.
- On Sunday, January 19 at 7 pm: The Wishful Thinkers
- On Friday, January 24 at 7 pm: Unit 7
- On Saturday, January 25 at 7 pm: People in Places
- On Sunday, January 26 at 7 pm: Map
Free for Rice University students, faculty members and staff. General admission: $6. Students from other universities, seniors, and members of La Casa de España: $5.