Pablo Sáinz Villegas 2019 U.S. Tour in Chicago
Spanish guitarist Pablo Sáinz Villegas returns to the U.S. to perform “Concierto de Aranjuez” by Joaquín Rodrigo.
Born in La Rioja in Northern Spain, Pablo Sáinz Villegas was inspired to take guitar lessons at the age of six and gave his first public performance when he was just seven years old.
Since his debut with the New York Philharmonic under the baton of Rafael Frühbeck de Burgos at the Avery Fisher Hall of the Lincoln Center, Sáinz Villegas has played in more than 40 countries and with orchestras such as the Philharmonic of Israel, Orquesta de Radio Televisión Española, Los Angeles Philharmonic, San Francisco Symphony, Boston Symphony Orchestra and the National Orchestra of Spain, becoming a benchmark for the current symphonic guitar.
- Ginastera: Four Dances from Estancia.
- Rodrigo: Concierto de Aranjuez.
- Chabrier: España.
- Piazzolla: Sinfonía Buenos Aires.
- On Thursday, May 23 at 8 pm. Buy tickets.
- On Firday, May 24 at 1:30 pm. Buy tickets.
- On Saturday, May 25 at 8 pm. Buy tickets.
- On Sunday, May 26 at 3 pm. Buy tickets.
Virtuosic playing characterized by its vividly shaded colors and irresistible exuberance.–The New York Times
A Villegas concert is a different way to travel –through Spain, the Americas and the self– following the charismatic lead of this extraordinary, exuberant musician.–Time Out