Splendor of the Iberian Baroque
The Boston Early Music Festival presents a concert directed by Jordi Savall featuring La Capella Reial de Catalunya and Hespèrion XXI.
In the 16th and 17th centuries, art and culture flourished in a “Golden Century” across the cultural melting pot of the Iberian Peninsula. Painting, literature, architecture, and music all thrived during this period of political and cultural ascendancy.
Viol player and director Jordi Savall showcases the musical splendor of his Catalan homeland featuring his Grammy-winning vocal ensemble, La Capella Reial de Catalunya, and his famous consort of instrumentalists, Hespèrion XXI.
- Lucía Martín-Cartón: soprano.
- Viva Biancaluna Biffi: mezzo-soprano.
- Víctor Sordo: tenor.
- Yannis François: baritone.
- Jordi Savall: treble viol.
- Viva Biancaluna Biffi: tenor viol.
- Juan Manuel Quintana: bass viol.
- Xavier Puertas: violone.
- Xavier Díaz-Latorre: guitar & vihuela.
- Andrew Lawrence-King: triple harp.
- David Mayoral: percussion.
Pre-concert talk at 7 pm.