Spanish Classic Cinema: Luis García Berlanga and Luis Buñuel
Nilita Vientos Gastón Cultural Center presents its First French and Spanish Cinema Season: Clouzot, Berlanga, Chabrol, Renoir and Buñuel.
From September to December 2012, Nilita Vientos Gastón Cultural Center will be screening French New Wave films along with Luis García Berlanga and Luis Buñuel Film Season.
Don't miss the Spanish films:
- Bienvenido Mr Marshal
- L. García Berlanga / 75 min. / Comedy / 1953. After finding out that North Americans are visiting their Spanish villages, the citizens of Villar del Río (Soria) start preparing themselves to welcome them when they arrive.
- On September 26th
- El verdugo
- L. García Berlanga / 87 min. / Black Comedy / 1963. An undertaker gets married to an old executioner's daughter and, although he doesn't like it, he must continue the profession of his father-in-law after his retirement.
- On October 24th
- Luis Buñuel / 90 min. / Drama / 1961. Viridiana, a young nun about to take her final vows, pays a visit to her widowed uncle at the request of her Mother Superior.
- On November 28th
- L. García Berlanga / 92 min. / Comedy-Drama / 1956. A renown atomic scientist escapes from his world of formulas and destruction and finds a respite in a Spanish seaside village.
- On December 19th
- San Juan, PR
- Sep 16, 2012 – Dec 19, 2012
Nilita Vientos Gastón Cultural Center, Calle Cordero 55, San Juan, PR 00911
Organized by the Nilita Vientos Gastón Cultural Center, the General Consulate of Spain in Puerto Rico and the French Alliance of Puerto Rico. Free and open to the public.